– Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 1st degree black belt under Todd Nathason and Rodrigo Carvalho
– Certified Defendo Combatives Instructor under Bill and Denis Wolfe
– Began martial arts in 1975 at aged 5 through his father Grandmaster James Chan
– Past and current students include members of the Vancouver Police Department, RCMP, Transit Security, Canadian Border Services, and Canadian Military.
– Voted Shaw Canada’s Top 50 Outstanding Canadians for making Canada a better place for kids.
– Authored two personal development books endorsed by legendary success expert Brian Tracy.
– Featured in the New York Times, CTV, Vancouver Sun, Gracie Mag, Vancouver Magazine.
– 2012 World Masters silver medalist
– 2012 US Open – double gold medalist
– 2012 American Nationals No Gi gold medalist
– 2011 Pan American Championships – bronze medalist
– 2010 World No Gi silver medalist (masters division)